Thursday, August 24, 2006

looking back and waiting for something to happen ahead

i miss going to school and having those stressful, sleepless days and nights. i used to drink many glasses of green tea and take in so much food just to keep myself awake all night. not only was i awake, but i was also "high" from all the caffeine and sugar that are infused in my bloodstream. i would be giggling and laughing at anything that comes up. my friends, who have stayed over at my house to finish group projects, can attest to this fact. often, i would be the last man standing, watching my friends take their precious naps. honestly, even though i was that "perky", i envied them for having a little bit more amount of slumber. i thought, i shouldn't be the first to ditch the project, since we're doing it in my house; it's sort of rude, right? several times, i would go to school the next day without ever resting, so i'd be half-asleep driving myself to school. indeed, the fear of getting in a car mishap was always there. i'm just surprised that i'd arrive in school in one piece, hehe. in school, the library is my second home wherein i'd catch up on 30 minutes to an hour's worth of sleep. looking back, i'm quite amazed that i still could go to all my classes to take notes, to listen, to recite, and to answer tests. thank God for miracles! at the end of those mind-numbing days, i'd be "out" in one snap of a finger, sleeping soundly on the bed.

presently, life could not be any more laid-back. i crave to have those stressful, sleepless days and nights back. those moments conjure up fun memories. perhaps, i should've gone to law school, haha! i have college friends who are on that path now. basically, they're back to square one; another four years of being a student. i'm really happy for them.

personally, i hope i can study again soon. i want to learn more each day. then again, my life now, after college, must be my chance to get some well-deserved rest. i can't wait for what's going to happen next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home