Friday, April 29, 2005

the sand and sea aren't my cup of tea

i know the title of this post rhymes!...haha... anyway, it's self-explanatory.

i never liked going to the beach. i hate the feeling of walking on the sandy shore; the wet sand sticks to my feet and stays in between my toes (ugh!). i loathe the huge waves splashing onto my body; the salt dries up every inch of my flesh. i despise being hit by the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun; it slowly toasts my skin to a burnt crisp. above all, going to the beach has always meant that i'd be away from "civilization". people would refer to me as "creature of comfort" in such a negative light. but that's just me!

for the last 3 days, i got dragged along by my family to "hell", disguised as a summer paradise. once again, my immense aversion for this place has been affirmed on so many levels. i really can't figure out what sort of "bliss" is derived by other humans with staying on the beach. it is and will always be a big mystery to me. *sigh

1 Comments:

Blogger Lian said...

funny!! i juz love the sun and the sea ~ but when I'm dressed for it and all... i love sailing and i'm going for a break where's there's lots of sun and sea!! tata..

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home