Saturday, June 18, 2005

i'm the "Coyote" that needs therapy...

lately, it feels like i'm the 'Coyote' in those "Roadrunner" cartoons that i always watched when i was much younger. this coyote always gets in trouble after plotting to catch the roadrunner. i can still recall that he uses products from "Acme", right, right!...hehe... well, that's just a minor tidbit. in one episode, he has employed an anvil to drop over a cliff; so that when the roadrunner encounters the bait, the anvil would crush the fowl into a juicy pulp. as always, the plan backfires on the coyote and the roadrunner would escape and speed away into the horizon.

reflecting on that seemingly idiotic brand of slapstick from an animated show, i've realized that what's happening to the coyote is not different from what's happening to me recently. i have this subconscious tendency to plot the demise of those people around me. (sounds so psychotic of me, huh?) when i said "demise", i was referring to 'the little misfortunes that beset any person everyday'. i have no intention of killing anybody, ok?! it would be too messy! my point is this: i always try my best to do well in any undertaking, but sometimes it's not enough...by a mile!... i just don't get it---some people have all the luck in the world, and here i am with zilch! this reality frustrates me. at times i figure, i can't be too nice to others because i'd be shortchanged, anyway. after all, life is a dog-eat-dog world!

unlike the coyote, i have a conscience that keeps me on the right side of the tracks. it's so overwhelming that i always end up losing against it. just as soon as i'm about to execute an "evil" plan, my conscience attacks from the inside. eventually, my ego is left in shambles. tsk tsk!

this must explain why i can be such a brat around people. i hurt their feelings and i end up with a heavy heart and an earth-shattering migraine!

perhaps, i need therapy to work out my 'issues'.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home